yeWhy I think Christmas if the best time to have a broken heart.
Yes, I know that the title of this blog is a bit awkward, but I honestly think Christmas is the best time to deal with a broken heart, or in my country; Trinidad and Tobago. The reason that I say this is because, when your heart is broken, you are so hurt, so shattered maybe even depressed? Maybe I chose the wrong title for this blog? I think Christmas is the best time to deal with anything that may make you depressed. Here’s my opinion on it.
The weather helps you a lot, during November right till New Years it rains a lot. The weather is all dark and gloomy; many people say that the best way to get over a broken heart is to run away from the pain, to just ignore it and it will go away, but I think that they are wrong; I think that the best way to get over a broken heart is to face the pain. Allow yourself to experience the pain for a while, take a break just be all alone and feel the hurt and pain that that person gave to you. I think that the weather allows you to feel that pain even more; it’s almost as if nature feels your pain and is crying with you.
I remember last Christmas, I was feeling so miserable… so confused and hurt about something and one day I decided to go shopping then the rain came pouring down while I was walking and I just walked in the rain feeling all depressed and I was crying but nobody could see my tears because of the rain which to me was awesome because I do not share my pain with anyone. So I spent a few hours in the rain just thinking and reflecting… then I went home and got in warm clothes and went to bed even though it wasn’t bed time I just went to bed and had myself a good cry. Crying does make you feel better when you are hurt, I cannot explain how, but all I know is that it does!
Another thing about having a broken heart at Christmas is that after all that crying, you being to feel all numb inside here comes the part about Christmas, during the Christmas season, there is a lot of shopping to be done….. everyone around you is busy and things are moving rapidly, they are unaware of your broken heart and they share brief smiles with you, parents shopping for their kids, the kids trying to find a gift for mommy or daddy, boyfriends and girlfriends all trying to find someone prefect for each other it’s all really very sweet to see, that these people are so happy and love each other so much, it will hurt you that you are alone but it will also help you. Every bit of pain that you experience will only make you stronger.
Then there’s the spending time with family, when they all come together for Christmas, you will not want them to see your pain and you will hide it and put on a fake smile for them. However when they are around you are going to feel like you are all alone because you have a broken heart, but this is natural. You will feel this way. Christmas will help you get over this, you see my friend, you will pretend that you are fine just for the sake of your loved once; you will put on a fake smile, however very soon that fake smile will turn into a real one and you will not even notice it.
Christmas heals broken hearts, it’s a perfect combination. The cold harsh weather that will make you feel alone and depressed followed by the warmth of family and friends presence. What I’m trying to say is if you have a broken heart, take some time for yourself, to drown in your sorrows, but do not neglect your friends and family because they really do care for you. The person who hurt you does not deserve you, always remember this. Do not be afraid to love, do not be afraid to be loved, because my friends every heartache can only make you stronger.


Friday, December 17, 2010
vishu sharma
0 comments:
Post a Comment